Affirmations have been popular for a while. There’s a good reason for this.
Affirmations affirm. They shout “yes”! They are positive statements that we choose to think and speak that can ultimately benefit our everyday lives.
I used to be a bit skeptical when it came to affirmations. I wasn’t sure they were as powerful as everyone was saying. So, I experimented with them. I made lists of various types of affirmations and began speaking them day and night. I began leaning into the possibility that these positive statements could help me rewire my brain and change the direction of my life.
After all, I’d spent more time than I wanted thinking negative thoughts and experiencing tough situations.
My mindset has changed for the better. Through hours and days of practice, I’m less apt to automatically think negative thoughts as I go about my days. I spend less time thinking I’m powerless over my thought life and my life experiences.
I’d like for you to experience the same thing, so I’ve created some powerful affirmations that you can use to start every week off. But don’t just recite them on Sunday or Monday. Print the list out and keep it handy. Think and speak out loud the affirmations as often as you can – at home, at work, out in the yard, at the grocery store, etc.
As you recite them, do your best to really feel the positivity surrounding them. Feel more optimistic, empowered, peaceful, happier, and hopeful. Stand tall and really embody the positive feelings.
You get the idea that practice makes perfect. While perfection isn’t the goal, practicing affirmations daily can help you change your primary mindset and become a more positive person. I’m not saying they will magically change every situation in your life. But they can add value to your thought life, for sure. They can also help you attract other positive things, as you so often hear about in the law of attraction.
Here are 25 affirmations that you can use in various categories to start your week off:
You deserve to experience more and more happiness as each day passes. Sure, you may feel some negative emotions at times. That’s normal. But you don’t have to suffer with a negative mindset day after day.
Here are five positive affirmations to get you started toward experiencing more joy:
1. I am responsible for my level of happiness. I take full responsibility and believe I can and will choose joy this week.
2. I am confident that I can find the silver lining in every situation going on in my life.
3. I take time each morning to align with my higher power and self. I make it my aim to be a vessel of love without conditions and add value to humanity.
4. What I want and need matters. I check in with myself before saying “yes” or “no” to requests.
5. I stay present with each emotion as they rise. I allow a safe space for my emotions to give me messages.
Inner peace feels so good. With all the chaos going on in the world, going within to actually enjoy peace, harmony, and solitude feels pretty good. Feeling inner peace regularly takes practice. Quieting the mind isn’t always easy breezy, but the more you practice, the better you will get.
Here are five positive affirmations that can help you experience more peace:
1. I go within for clarity and direction. I commit to sit in silence more often.
2. I feel peaceful. I am in harmony with all that is good and pure.
3. I take time to notice all the beautiful things around me.
4. I am my biggest cheerleader.
5. I am following the right path for me. I trust my inner wisdom and guidance.
Negative or toxic relationships just don’t feel good. Whether it’s with your partner, spouse, children, coworkers, or neighbors, the quality of your relationships will make a difference in your life. Aim for healthy, harmonious, mutually respectful, meaningful relationships. After all, this is what we all deserve.
Here are five positive affirmations to get you started:
1. My relationships are healthy, harmonious, and joyful. I take time regularly to cultivate deep and meaningful relationships with friends and family. I also reach out to others who may feel lonely or isolated.
2. I choose to love myself and others unconditionally.
3. I have firm, healthy boundaries.
4. I am lovable, loved, worthy, appreciated, and have favor wherever I go.
5. When I feel lonely or alone, I reach out to those who I trust. Those that can hold space for me to just be me without any masks. I have allies and rely on them as necessary in a healthy way.
Whether you roll in a little or a lot of money, it helps to manage what you do have responsibly. In addition, work with your mindset. If you want to grow your finances, change your perspective from scarcity or lack to abundance and more than enough.
Here are some positive affirmations to help get you started:
1. I manage my finances well. I take full responsibility for my money situation, sticking to my budget, paying bills on time, and doing the best I can on all financial levels.
2. I am living an abundant life. I am grateful for all that I have, inviting so much more. I am open to receiving.
3. My financial vibration is high. I am receptive to all kinds of financial favor, unexpected checks, raises, debt cancellation, and unusual favor in all my finances.
4. I am paid well, as I deserve this type of favor. I am worthy to receive abundant pay, as I give 100 percent to all aspects of my career duties.
5. I entertain thoughts of wealth continually. I am worthy of living the kind of lifestyle that I desire. I also make healthy decisions based on the kind of lifestyle I want.
Without good health, life can be a struggle at times. The good news is that you can affirm your health every day, and this will help you feel better on every level. There is power in the words we speak. Let that power influence every cell in your body.
Here are some positive affirmations to get you started:
1. I am so grateful for a healthy mind and body. I speak health to every cell of my body, trusting that every organ and system operates in the perfection in which it was created.
2. I wake up each day feeling vibrant, full of energy to go about my day.
3. I practice self-care mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I take time each day to check in with myself to be sure I’m in balance. I take pride in caring for myself in a way that honors me and my creator.
4. I am a spiritual being with a mind and body. I invest regularly in my spiritual being, nourishing myself with things that inspire and encourage me.
5. My thoughts are gravitating more and more to positivity. My mindset is important to me and I invest in it regularly.
Thoughts matter. In fact, thoughts are some of the most powerful vibrations in the universe. Make a commitment to starting your day and week off with positive affirmations for various aspects of your life. As you do, you should notice some positive changes.
You may want to start journaling as you practice affirmations each day. You’ll be able to look back and see how your mindset and level of optimism has changed. Along with writing down your observations, add things you’re grateful for. From small to big things, offer gratitude, because as you do, you’re opening yourself up to even more goodness.
Do you have any favorite positive affirmations? What are they? We’d love to know!